Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Menu Planning again....

I sit here with what Michael Pollan has called the omnivore's dilemma. The introduction to his book, The Omnivores Dilemma, begins with the question “What’s for dinner?”

On facebook and live journal I have seen from time to time the question raised by my friends. I may self have raised it. Even in my long ago office job it came up at least once a week.

I bring up Michael Pollan because Holly and I are listening to it in the car. We checked out the book on CD from the library. We find it most fascinating and disturbing. We have become so disgusted at the state of how beef get to our table in the US that we have not been able to eat meat since. I referenced this in my post on My Mother’s Curry.

So Now I need to create a menu for the week full of meals that can be both vegetarian (ovo-lacto) as well as not for the rest of the family.

-an hour or so passes-

So now that I have had time to think with all the distractions from writing this today I have My Mom’s Lasagna, Sears Penne-Rigate Casserole, Imus Cowboy Sloppy Joes (and some leftovers for the meat eaters) Soup and grilled Sandwiches and Spaghetti for a possible play date dinner night with Meatballs on the side. I also have Tuna Noodle Casserole on to see if we can manage to eat that.

Hopefully, Holly and I won’t hear some long description of how awful tuna live and how unhealthy they are before they are slaughtered for our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment