Saturday, January 23, 2010

Breakfast

I have never been a traditional breakfast eater. My favorite breakfast has been a microwaved “baked” potato with some cheese. When my family got a microwave in the 1980s I discovered this and I would make one while packing my lunch and eat it on the bus to school Yes I was breaking a big rule. It was great in the cooler months. It kept me warm until I was ready to eat it. Sometime I wonder if I would have made two if I lived in a cold climate like I do now back then.

So here’s a bit about what we did for breakfast this morning.

Bill and Holly had to go to the local store to sell Pizza Hut coupon books for her swim team so they left a bit early.  Bill had a day old fry cake. Holly had nothing. She has never been a fan of breakfast. She would prefer to wait until 10:00 before eating this has been he way since she was a baby. She would sleep nurse before 6am and then not again until after 10am.

So this is what I had.


2 boiled eggs, a tangelo, a small baked potato with cheese and a mug of tea.
Not pictured was the glass of OJ. I’m fighting a cold so I wanted to up the ante on the vitamin C.

Griffin slept but when he got up this is what he wanted.


Day old frosted fry-cake, apple, tangelo, and a tube of blueberry yogurt.
Once he had eaten some of every thing he got a glass of chocolate milk.
I know many of you are checking you blood sugar and brushing your teeth having read and seen that. Griffin needs extra calories. His Chocolate milk is whole milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast. The amount of calories in a fry-cake for it’s size is tremendous so I indulge him. In all the meal for him represented 820 calories give or take a few.

So that is our habits for breakfast on weekends.

Week days well has much less to be desired. Griffin is a toaster waffle boy complete with syrup (he has a snack at school where he takes a package of muffins and some fruit snacks). Holly might have a glass of something to drink and I am yogurt and tea. I am not sure Bill eats unless he has cereal at work.

Ah well Breakfast is the forgotten meal so much of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment