Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lunch

Bill and Holly returned home in time for lunch. Since they has spent the morning at our local grocery store Bill picked up some stuff we needed to make dinner and some chicken for lunch.  We had in the pantry a chicken helper. Holly has decided that will eat chicken, eggs, dairy, and ham but no other meat product right now. I am am limiting myself to eggs and dairy. Bill and the kids had the chicken helper for Lunch it looked pretty good but I couldn’t bring myself to eat it.





So, I needed to fend for myself. Lunch on weekends is always a complicated question. Given a full kitchen to eat from there is too much choice. Since the noodles that the rest of the family was eating looked good the idea of noodles sounded good. I saw the flat of ramen we have and thought I know the cheap college dinner I used to make back then. 

It went like this:
I package of ramen
½-1 cup frozen vegetables
1 egg beaten

Put ramen and vegetables in a pan of water heat on stove for 5 minutes on high. Stir. Drain off some of the water to soup consistency you want add beaten egg while stirring. Add ramen seasoning to taste.


But today it didn’t happen that way. Once I got the water noodles and ramen cooking I realized that I had eaten 2 eggs today and thought that I really didn’t want to have more.  But  I felt that I wanted a little protein in my soup.  I opened the fridge. There in the meat drawer were two Smart Dogs. We had used the rest of the pack earlier this week for a veggie beanie weenies. I decided to substitute them in.  The package gave the instruction of after bring the water to a boil turn it off and place the dog in for 2 minutes. So I drained down the water seasoned it brought it back up to boiling turned it off and put the cut up pieces of the Smart dog into the mix set the timer for 2 minutes.



 While I waited I made my tea. Yes, more tea!


It now seems I need to write that tea post now.

No comments:

Post a Comment