Monday, June 28, 2010

CSA.. Vermont Valley

We are members of a Community Supported Agriculture farm. CSA for short. For us this means that in th summer we go and pick up a box of veggie every other week. Our farm is Vermont Valley.

I personally would love to see us do once a week but at this point we can’t go through what we get every other week.

I hope to publish photos of what we get when we get it but so far I am not doing a great job. We got our first box on June 3rd we were on vacation and had a friend pick up our second box and I never got picture of that as one must tell one’s husband the plan before he get home with the veggies and put them away.

So here is finally the picture of what we got the first week



Flowering chives (yummy and they smell good, lettuce, spinach, more greens, radishes, small turnips, potatoes (left form late last fall) a basil plant and rhubarb.

The spinach became lasagna, the lettuce and greens were either given away, eaten in a salad, and the rest ended up in the compost, the chives flowered for a while and a few were added to some dish we made  and recently composted, we still have lovely radishes and turnip in the fridge (although the radishes are yummy and I have eaten some.) The basil plant is in our garden and the rhubarb is cut and in the fridge. The potatoes became two potato au gratin dishes.


I remember that we got more lettuce, radishes and strawberries last week but beyond that I don't know what we got.

We get our next box this week. I can’t wait there will be sugar snap peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment