Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Beanie Weenies

During Holiday time when there are parties and food constantly involved in celebrations it is also good to eat simply.

I don’t know when or where I started making this meal. I think it may be a hold over from  beans on toast that I like to eat in the UK with a sausage (or banger) on the side.

For those who aren’t in the know bangers are not American sausages in the Midwest they are more like Brats, but very different in flavor.

My kids like to make or help make this meal.  It is very simple and cheap.
1 large can of baked beans (I buy vegetarian beans to cut back the fat and not mix too much meat.)
1 package of hot dogs (some times we use a whole package some time we use half depends on the day. We use either turkey or all beef hot dogs.)
1-2 packages crescent rolls.
Salad.

1. Cut hot dog and put in sauce pan with baked beans. Here is Griffin cutting the hot dogs.










He is using a “lettuce” knife. I bought it for him at the grocery store for a couple of Bucks Holly had a pink one I got through Pampered Chef. They don’t cut little fingers but have plenty of cutting power for fruit and veggies (not carrots) as well as other soft food like hot dogs.






Prepare the rolls. Holly’s favorite job here.



Cook it all. Stirring the beans and dogs. Beans and hot dogs are done when the cut ends are no longer flat and dome out a bit.


Simple easy and a quick lunch or a light dinner and it is always

No comments:

Post a Comment